Saturday, April 14, 2012

Orchard Road and Toyko Bubble Tea, Milk Tea Place and Restaurant HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEBE BORJ :)


After  our thesis, bebe borj treated us to Orchard Road to celebrate her birthday- belated!:D
From taft we commuted going to megamall :D The original plan was to study there since we can't study in school then Borj surprised us when she told us that she will treat us for her birthday :D 

THANK YOU BORJ :D

When we arrived in Shaw Blvd. station, we came a cross this awesome shop! From a far it's really catchy! It looked as if they were serving some delicious ice cream there!:D

With the shining 10 pesos on the window, and a plasma TV for advertisment who wouldn't try?!










How was the Ice cream?

it was HORRIBLE :| sorry. I'm just saying:|
It is like eating powdered ice cream that doesn't have any taste:|
I wasn't able t finish mine:|

After the ice cream we went to Orchard Road! Migs and I haven't tried this place yet! Borj said it was good there! True enough the food was good at the same time very affordable! Singaporean cuisine in the Philippines :D


Hainanese Chicken
The chicken is tender, very affordable at the same time!:D

Hainanese Chicken Rice
I think there are better Hainanese rice:) But this one would do:)

Laksa 
It was ok I guess. I've tasted better:) The presentation was messy and it was served to us cold :| There was not much herbs inside, the herbs you would expect on a Laksa, such as cilantro and galangal weren't present :| 

Chaw  Kway Teow
This was my personal favorite among the things we had ordered:) Ever since I love love love rice noodles, so that makes me biased:)) It was seasoned perfectly! It was generously stuffed with toppings. 


Roti Prata
This is Migs's ultimate favorite!:D Roti! This dish comes with a curry dip!

Poh Hia
This is like a vietnamese spring roll. They taste different but the closest i can think of in terms of taste would be Lumpiang Ubod mixed with Vietnamese spring rolls. The serving is big, it is enough for 2-3 persons!:D

Kopi Tarik
This was one awesome coffee! This was Borj's ultimate favorite! She told me she goes back here in Orchard Road for this coffee! The coffee is really good! I got "kilig" when I drank this coffee! The perfect word to describe this is, bittersweet!:D I can't express how unique and good this coffee is--it's a must for you to try this!:) It's really good!:D 

Kaya Bread

I saw this in asian food channel! I guess it was not what I expected when i watched it. Although I've never tasted one i think there is a big difference from the original one. The authentic Kaya bread is toasted in charcoal- it is like being grilled, then a special sweet coconut jam is usually used as the spread. The one I tasted in Orchard road is bread that was toasted in the toaster and a sugar-ish milk jam. 


It would be awesome to try a bread toasted in charcoal :))




 Afterwards, me and Borj looked for a place to study! Then Borj lead us to this cute japanese place Bubble Tea




Taro Milk Tea
The taro milk tea was great! The pearl was soft! This milk tea is different cause the syrup that comes with the pearl taste a lot like Taho syrup. It is unique and good at the same time! This one I think costed around Php 145.00 :D 


My baby is tired na:))


Orchard Road
SM Megamall, Doña Julia Vargas Ave. Ortigas Center
Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 470-4546

Toyko Bubble Tea Milk Tea Place and Restaurant
LG/F SM Megamall Bldg. A
Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 638-7479


No comments:

Post a Comment